Circuit strength training is an excellent way for younger athletes to improve their mobility, power & conditioning. It is also a perfect way to keep kids engaged and keep their workouts interesting. Instead of spending 5-10 minutes on one exercise, circuit training allows the athlete to perform a variety of exercises in a short time span while working a variety of muscle groups.
Benefits of Circuit Training:
1. Strength and cardio training combined
2. Minimal time commitment
3. Little to no equipment needed
4. Full body workout – keeps the workout interesting
Strength training should not be confused with weightlifting. For younger athletes, light resistance and controlled movements are ideal — with an emphasis on proper technique and safety. The 30/30 Challenge allows the athlete to work on many strength training exercises with their own body weight, while combining cardio exercises into the mix.
Benefits of Strength Training Include:
1. Increase muscle strength and endurance
2. Help protect the athletes muscles and joints from injuries
3. Improve athletic performance
4. Develop proper techniques that an athlete can continue to use as they grow up
5. Strengthen the athlete's structure
6. Maintain a healthy weight
7. Improve confidence and self-esteem
Completing the 8 week 30/30 Challenge will not only make you a more well-rounded athlete it will help prepare you for the 2015-2016 hockey season.
CLICK IMAGES BELOW FOR VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS