The Ontario Minor Hockey Association is looking for a Coordinator, Membership Services to join our team in our Richmond Hill office.
If you are currently involved in minor hockey and are interested in expanding your role, come join the OMHA Membership Services team! This is a FULL-TIME POSITION.
- Reporting directly to the Director, Membership Services, effectively administer all areas of responsibility within the Membership Services Department in conjunction with other Membership Services staff.
- Role requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Responsible for the administration of assigned areas of responsibility within the Membership Services Department, to include some or all of the following:
- tournament sanctioning, incoming/outgoing IIHF tours and/or competitions
- team registration/rostering
- player/bench staff transfers
- controlling access to information management systems used by the OMHA
- contact management
- verification and distribution of player development fees
- boundary mapping
- insurance reconciliation and risk management
- AGM registration
- Communicate with OMHA members (associations and individual members) by phone and email to address inquiries and/or direct to appropriate resource
- Educate members on regulations, policies & procedures and processes of the OMHA
- Collaborate with OMHA Departments, as well as Committees of the Board
- Compile information from multiple sources to create statistical data related to trends
- Liaise and consult with Hockey Canada, Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) /OHF Members
- Develop efficiencies in processes
- Assist with preparation and research for OMHA appeals/protests
- Report on areas of responsibility to Director for scheduled Board meetings
- Develop expertise in all areas pertaining to Membership Services
- Attend OMHA Committee meetings, conference calls and/or appeal hearings
- Support execution of the OMHA Annual General Meeting
- Recommended post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, sport management or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years experience in business administration environment
- Hands-on, self-directed and energetic individual with excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite/strong working knowledge of Excel
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and manage relationships with fellow staff and a volunteer Board of Directors, as well as OMHA customers
- Adept at managing dispute resolution
- Some knowledge of minor hockey programs within Ontario, specifically the OMHA
- Some familiarity with the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR 3.0) and general knowledge/understanding of information management systems
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by January 25, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.