HDCO Announces Applications for Team Ontario Under 17 Program Coaching Staff
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Toronto, ON: -
The Hockey Development Centre Ontario is currently accepting coaching staff applications for the Team Ontario under 17 Program for 2013/14 and 2014/15.
The successful coaching candidates will guide Team Ontario at the 2013/14 and 2014/15 Under 17 World Hockey Challenges. Dates and locations to be determined by Hockey Canada.
• Reports directly to the Director of Operations [DOO] and secondarily to the Under 17 Policy Committee.
• Extensive Scouting duties September /October/November 2013/14, 2014/15
• Attend U16 Gold Cup Tournament in Kitchener May 2013.
• Mandatory attendance at the Under 17 Provincial camp being held in the GTA August 2013.
• Co-ordinate Provincial camp on ice and off ice activities in consultation with Director of Operations.
• Provide roster recommendations to the Director of Operations. All final decisions regarding the player roster will be made by the DOO subject to approval from the Under 17 Policy Committee.
• Responsible for all on and off ice training sessions at the Provincial Camp and the World Hockey Challenge [WHC].
• Ongoing communication with the Director of Operations, trainers, players and parents when deemed appropriate.
• The conduct of coaches should reflect the standards/codes implemented by the governing bodies for amateur hockey in Ontario.
• Prepare a final report of the years activities after the 2013/14 World Hockey Challenge.
• All eligible expenses will be covered by the HDCO.
• Utilization of the HDCO office as a resource and administration support center.
All interested applicants are required to forward their completed application to the HDCO office c/o the Under 17 policy committee by Thursday February 21, 2013.
For more information, contact the HDCO at [email protected].
© 2013 Ontario Minor Hockey Association. All rights reserved.